Bay of Islands Radio has applied for a broadcast license to serve the Corner Brook area on the FM band. In order to start broadcasting over-the-air, authorization is first required from the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, along with technical approval from Industry Canada.
**LICENSE APPROVED OCTOBER 6, 2016**
CRTC APPLICATION FILE (.ZIP)
- February 12, 2016: Bay of Islands Radio submits application to the CRTC and Industry Canada to operate a low-power FM radio station in Corner Brook. Proposed station will operate at 100.1 MHz at a power of 50W.
- April 18, 2016: Received letter from CRTC requesting further information
- April 20, 2016: Responded to letter from CRTC
- May 10, 2016: Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-176 issued. Hearing scheduled for July 13, 2016.
- June 21, 2016: Technical acceptance granted by Industry Canada.
- July 13, 2016: CRTC hearing held in Gatineau, Quebec. Awaiting decision.
- October 06, 2016: LICENSE APPROVED BY CRTC