Massey Drive Spring Clean-up
Clean up week will be held from Monday May 25, 2015 to Friday May 29, 2015. Curbside pick up will begin on Monday May 25 at 8:30 AM. Dumpsters will be available on the town hall parking lot on Saturday May 23, Sunday May 24, for anyone who wishes to drop off items.
The following items will be picked up:
• Household appliances, hot water tanks, stoves, refrigerators (ODS FREE) *Note any item such as refrigerators or air conditioners must be labeled ODS free by a certified technician. Anything not properly labeled will not be accepted.
• Household furniture, sofas, chairs, beds and mattresses
• Automotive parts – rims and small parts
• Garden items branches and grass cuttings (branches must be bundled)
• Appliances and/or metals MUST be kept separate from other items to allow for separate pickup by town employees. Items not separated will not be picked up.
• All smaller items should be bagged or boxed for safer pickup. The following items will not be included for collection:
• Tires, vehicles, propane tanks
• Automotive parts exceeding 35kg
• Hazardous materials.
• Construction waste from houses under construction.
• Scrapped vehicles, large automotive parts, construction waste, and heavy materials may be disposed of directly at the dump. Anyone disposing of vehicles themselves should note that all the fluids must be drained from the vehicle and disposed of in the proper manner. All tires and batteries must be removed. All gas tanks must be emptied and vented.
Residents are reminded to have all materials they wish to have picked up during clean up week at the curb. Town employees WILL NOT be picking up any item that is not at curbside.
STAFF WILL START ITS FINAL PICK UP AT 8:30AM ON FRIDAY MAY 29. ONCE A STREET HAS BEEN CHECKED ON FRIDAY IT WILL NOT BE REVISITED. IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT EVERYTHING GETS PICKED UP RESIDENTS SHOULD ENSURE THAT EVERYTHING IS PLACED AT CURB SIDE BY THE EVENING OF THURSDAY MAY 28.