Supporting High School Student Achievement
Written by Administrator on October 21, 2014
The deadline to register for supplementary exams is October 24, 2014. Exams are being offered for nine high school public exam courses from November 3 to 6.
“Our government wants to see all our students succeed and we are committed to providing them every opportunity to excel academically. For the second time this year, supplementary exams are being offered to help students improve their academic standing. Supplementary exams give all students the best start possible when entering the post-secondary or career work, a key focus of the new Department of Education and Early Childhood Development”
– The Honourable Susan Sullivan, Minister of Education and Early Childhood Development
The first round of supplementary exams was held in August. This is the fourth consecutive year that the department has provided two opportunities for students to write supplemental public exams.
“I encourage all students who have not been successful in graduating this past year to take this opportunity to improve their marks and attain a high school diploma. It is important to encourage students to stay in school, complete their diploma and go on to pursue post-secondary education or training required in order to realize their life-time goals.”
– Minister Sullivan
Registration forms, exam schedules, and learning resources designed to help students review course material for the November exam offering can be accessed via the web at:www.gov.nl.ca/edu/k12/evaluation/exams.html.
- Supplementary exams are being offered from November 3 to 6.
- The deadline for registration is October 24, 2014.
- This is the second time this year that supplementary exams are being offered. The first round of supplementary exams was held in August.
- Registration forms, exam schedules, and learning resources material for the November exam offering can be accessed via the web at: www.gov.nl.ca/edu/k12/evaluation/exams.html.