City of Corner Brook Prepared for Forecasted Storm
Written by Administrator on January 29, 2016
The City of Corner Brook Infrastructure and Public Works Department has been preparing for the forecasted snowfall. The City snow clearing equipment resources are ready to respond to the storm, if needed, with the following equipment:
- 6 John Deere Loaders
- 3 950 Cat loaders
- 1 Cat loader 950 (for the Salt Shed )
- 1 Tandem salt truck with Blade Pre wet system
- 2 Single axle salt trucks -pre wet system
- 2 small 4 wheel drive salt trucks
- 1 small 4 wheel drive salt truck
- 1 Bob Cat sidewalk Blower – Plow
- 1 Trackless sidewalk Blower – Plow
We want to remind residents to check weather and road reports before they leave and to avoid unnecessary travel. If travel is necessary, allow extra time for travelling to and from destinations and slow down.
When the snow falls, the City of Corner Brook crews start clearing the way as soon as it is safe however, we require collaboration and support from residents.
Residents can help make the process safer for everyone:
- Please slow down, be patient, and let snow plow operators lead the way.
- Please comply with the No On-Street Parking Overnight