Corner Brook RNC Investigating Home Break and Enters
Written by Administrator on July 29, 2015
The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary (RNC) Corner Brook Region is currently investigating residential break and enters on the west side of the city.
Between Friday, July 24 and Saturday, July 25, 2015 the RNC received several reports of break and enter in the same neighborhood during which an undisclosed quantity of personal property was stolen.
Historically, the summer months have the highest reported incidents of residential break and enters in RNC jurisdiction. The following tips can help protect properties from being targeted:
- Give your home the appearance of being occupied by having lights on timers or leaving the radio on.
- Have a neighbor check the mail, mow the lawn and move vehicles left at home.
- Lock all doors and windows including sheds and garages.
- Activate home security systems and notify the alarm company of a contact person in your absence.
- Remove valuable items from view though windows and doors.
The RNC is reminding residents who observe suspicious activity in their neighborhoods to contact the RNC at 637-4100 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). You can also provide information anonymously on the NL Crime Stoppers website at www.nlcrimestoppers.com.