Nominations Open for 2015 URock Volunteer Awards
Written by Administrator on February 26, 2015
The Provincial Government is today encouraging Newfoundlanders and Labradorians to celebrate the outstanding volunteer contributions of the province’s youth. Nominations are now open for the 2015 URock Volunteer Awards. The deadline is Wednesday, March 18.
“Youth are not only leaders of tomorrow – they are the leaders of today. From volunteering overseas, raising money for non-profit organizations, or helping international students adjust to life in the province, young volunteers are making our communities better places to live and are inspiring others to do the same. I encourage people to recognize youth and youth-led volunteer groups who are truly making a difference and nominate them for a URock award.”
– The Honourable Steve Kent, Deputy Premier and Minister Responsible for the Office of Public Engagement
Nominations for the 2015 URock Awards are made in two categories: individuals and youth-led non-profit organizations. Nominees must have made outstanding voluntary contributions without reward or gain, be 30 years of age or under, and be a current or past resident of Newfoundland and Labrador.
All nominees, recipients and their families will be invited to attend the 2015 URock Volunteer Awards Show, a celebration which will honour exceptional contributions being made by young volunteers throughout the province. The show will be held on May 14 and include live performances by local bands, as well as community booths from young volunteer organizations. The award recipients will each receive a customized electric guitar to acknowledge the unique and creative ways young people volunteer.
For more information, or to download a copy of the URock nomination form, visit www.urockvolunteerawards.ca.
- The Provincial Government is launching a call for nominations for 2015 URock Volunteer Awards.
- The awards celebrate outstanding voluntary contributions for the betterment of communities.
- Youth-led groups and youth, who are 30 years of age or under, are eligible for nomination.
- Information about the eight youth and youth groups recognized last year for their volunteer contributions can be found at www.nlyouth.ca/ProgramsServices/URock/legends/legends2014.html.
- Further details on how to get involved can be found at nlyouth.ca, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.